Wealth Management with bespoke portfolios
At Mike Oliver Associates, we construct investment portfolios to meet our clients’ objectives and their desired appetite for risk. We have access to all asset classes, from money markets, bonds, property and equities. Managing the expected returns of the mix of investments is pivotal to our investment planning approach.
We use our four stage process for managing your private wealth:
1. Fact Finding & Goal Planning
• Analyse Assets and Liabilities
• Establish Target Income / Capital and date(s) required Sum
• Establish any Specific Requirements – Ethical / Social
• Scenario Planning – Risk/Investment Inputs
2. Attitude to Risk & Asset Allocation
• Complete our bespoke Attitude to Risk Questionnaire
• Discussion on the volatility of different investment assets
• Design a portfolio using a combination of assets to generate expected/desired return within
your stated attitude to investment risk
3. Tax Wrapper/Product & Fund Research and Monitoring
• Pension / ISA / OEIC / UT / Bond / Structured Product
• Investment Fund Selection
• Initial External Research Team – ‘fund filtering’
• Extensive Internal Fund research using risk weighted measures of return
4. Review Process
• We facilitate three different levels of ongoing service
• We monitor the investment recommendations
• Complete review of all our recommended funds on a regular basis
• We actively make ad hoc changes (with clients acknowledgement)
• Regular face to face reviews
Cash deposits are useful for holding emergency monies to meet unexpected expenditure or short periods of unemployment, but inflation erodes the real value of cash over the medium and long term, meaning cash is not actually as safe as many people believe. Moreover cash savings accounts currently provide poor value for money.
With inflation hovering at around 2%, many people nowadays are reassessing their actual need for instant access cash, and allocating more capital to purchase ‘real assets’ that have a fighting chance of keeping up with the pace of inflation! This means decisions need to be made about how and where to invest, but investing in the current environment presents a number of challenges.
The choice of retail investment options is mind blowing with new ways and routes to invest seemingly springing up every day. Other investors prefer the relative safety of open ended collective investment funds such as Unit Trusts and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) that also provide access to real assets but have professional fund management making the daily buy/sell decisions. From low cost passive funds to high octane UCITSIII absolute return funds, there are literally thousands of retail collectives to choose from, most with daily liquidity.
The value of investments and the income arising from them, can go down as well as up, and is not guaranteed, which means that you may not get back what you invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future. Changes in exchange rates may also cause an investment to fluctuate in value. Levels of taxations depend on your individual circumstances and the value of any applicable tax reliefs.
Any information contained within this website should not be deemed to constitute investment advice and should not be relied upon as the basis for a decision to enter into a transaction, or as the basis for an investment decision.
Why Use Mike Oliver Associates to Manage your Investments?
We’re committed to helping our clients manage their financial affairs in an optimum manner, balancing income and savings in a tax-efficient way that maximises returns without impacting their day to day life in the meantime.
Should you require a portfolio review, or looking to invest for the first time, then please contact us to arrange a free no obligation review meeting.